About Me

My photo
Mineral Wells, Palo Pinto County, Texas, United States
I am a Christian, a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a great-grandmother, a cousin, and a friend. I have written a couple of books. I have written many history and genealogy columns for newspapers. I like to experiment with new recipes. I enjoy reality shows, mysteries, and dramas.

Friday, February 8, 2019

Arizona Star, Guy Clark, Nashville, and Us Part II

Guy Clark about 1974

Guy Clark was born in Monahans, Texas, on November 6, 1941, and died May 17, 2016.  The above photo is the way we will remember Guy.

Raf first met Guy when Raf and his brother John and their band Diamond Reo first arrived in Nashville in 1974.  They were looking for the Sunbury Dunbar (part of RCA) producer Dan Hoffman, and when they arrived in Dan's office Guy was there, and a bunch of folks were picking' together, so Diamond Reo sat down and joined them.

Raf in the Diamond Reo day

Raf and I followed Guy through our married life and through Guy's life, and we really feel he was/is part of our lives from the very beginning.  Guy's song, Desperados Waiting for a Train, always reminded me of my great-uncle Em (Amazhar) Routh.  Many of his other songs are extremely reminiscent of my childhood in Texas.

The last time we saw Guy was when he played in the park in my hometown of Stephenville, Texas, and although we seldom saw him, I miss him!


No comments:

Post a Comment