About Me

My photo
Mineral Wells, Palo Pinto County, Texas, United States
I am a Christian, a wife, a mother, a grandmother, a great-grandmother, a cousin, and a friend. I have written a couple of books. I have written many history and genealogy columns for newspapers. I like to experiment with new recipes. I enjoy reality shows, mysteries, and dramas.

Monday, February 25, 2019

Arizona Star, Guy Clark, Nashville, and US Part IV


Raf and I married on May 5, 1977, at the small meditation chapel off the Upper Room Chapel in Nashville, Tennessee.  My boss, the Reverend James Alexander, married us.  We had three attendants, Yvonne Glien, Eric Thorson, and Owen Davis.  Yvonne was a PhD student at Vanderbilt, majoring in Spanish.  Eric and Owen were musicians.  As the room was so small, loads of people stood in the doorway watching.

We had met the year before, at the Upper Room, when Raf was bringing tour groups for Greyline Tours, and I was working as a guide while attending Scarrett College (which no longer exists!).

While in Tennessee, we lived in Nashville, Bon Aqua, and Kingston Springs, and when Raf got a job with a Texas oil company, I really hated to leave Kingston Springs.

Tennessee is a beautiful state, and I love it still.  We have often traveled back to Nashville.  The most remarkable thing I thought about Nashville when I lived there was that the wind was up in the trees and not down here with us, as it is in Texas.  Much of Texas law is based on Tennessee law, and many Tennessians came to Texas and fought for our independence from Mexico.  The states compliment each other.

Honeymoon on Daddy's Creek

Us

In front of the Gold Rush in Elliston Place

This photo was taken of us by a co-worker's father at his studio in Nashville.

Two years ago at our 40th Wedding Anniversary

1 comment:

  1. Interesting and how the years roll by - where did they go.

    ReplyDelete